Therapy-based Academic and Behavior Support (TABS). This workshop is sponsored by the Methodist University Occupational Therapy Department with a portion of proceeds going to the university OT department and Miller's Crew, a non-profit focusing on vocational training for high school students and adults with disabilities. This workshop is open to all.
What is TABS?
TABS is therapy-based academic and behavior support utilized within a three-tiered system to optimize learning for all students and bridge the gap between special and general education services. Therapy intervention is always integrated with academic and behavior goals.
All Attendees Receive:
S’cool Moves Workshop Booklet
Set of Ten Different Minute Moves Activity Posters
Focus Finder Desk Strip
Butterfly 8/Rapid Naming Card
Quadrant Word Taps Individual Cards
Focus Moves Instructional Booklet
Set of Ten Different Beginning Level Focus Moves Posters
Set of Ten Different Int. Level Focus Moves Posters
Free Discussion Community & Extended Course Content
By the end of the workshop, all participants will:
- Gain knowledge of S’cool Moves concepts that include academic, behavior, and educational supports to facilitate classroom management and achievement of educational goals.
- Understand the S’cool Moves Energy Expenditure Model and how it ties to participation in educational and therapy settings.
- Examine concepts of Trauma Informed Teaching and how it integrates with S’cool Moves activities for optimizing social-emotional health.
- Participate in labs designed to master quick, easy-to-use therapy and academic based activities that improve executive functioning, self-regulation, alertness, and attention levels.
- Differentiate instruction to support students with learning differences and behavior challenges within therapy and classroom settings.