Neurotherapeutic Strategies Within a Tiered Process That Work For Busy Teachers and Support Staff
There is plenty of meat in the way of evidence-based theory and research to win over the skeptics in the group. Participants leave our workshops excited to share all the motivating and effective activities they’ve learned. Teacher, therapists, and additional support staff can’t wait to work together in the classroom for the benefit of all students.
What you can expect to learn at our motivating workshops:
Superhero Powers Unleashed Here!
- Create a classroom of leaders who take responsibility for their behavior
- Translate teaching related brain research into action
- Understand how Causal Layered Analysis improves collaboration
- Utilize the Energy Expenditure Model
- Differentiate with the One for All Strategy and universal design strategies
- Run your classroom based on the six Power Up! Principles
- Unleash the Superhero in you; be more effective than you ever dreamed
- Use techniques in the classroom that support consultative models
- Improve collaboration between teachers and support staff
- Integrate Minute Moves activities seamlessly into your jam-packed day
- Help struggling readers bridge the reading gap
- Integrate S'cool Moves into RTI or MTSS frameworks with ease
- And so much more...
School Age Workshop
Our one or two-day School Age Workshop training provides an overview of research, theory, and activities primarily for grades K-5 and middle or high school teachers working with students with special needs.
Preschool staff may be invited to the training, but we recommend our separate Early Childhood Workshop for a group predominately composed of preschool teachers. Submit a training request for details.
During the one or two day training, participants receive S’cool Moves materials and learn how to implement the materials in their school or clinical setting.
An engaging, hands-on workshop experience including:
Therapy-based strategies for diverse “kaleidoscope” learners who may be labeled with dyslexia, sensory processing disorder, ADHD, and more
How to bridge services between special & general education with research-based, practical collaboration solutions that work for busy teachers and support staff
Neuroscience, dynamic systems approach, and strategies for Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier intervention
Engaging classroom videos along with active hands-on learning
Minute Moves for Tier 1 whole class intervention to support all learners using strategies including:
- Minute Moves for Calming
- Recess Refocusing Routine
- Minute Moves for Fine Motor
- Minute Moves for Writing Posture
- Minute Moves for Focus
- Minute Moves for Test Taking
- Minute Moves for Vision
- Speech and Reading Routine
Focus Moves for Tier 2 and Tier 3 individual and small group intervention & motor groups including:
- Ten Focus Moves beginning level activities
- Ten Focus Moves intermediate level activities
Power Up! Moves for Tier 2 and Tier 3 individual and small group literacy stations
- Quadrant Word Tap activity using rhythm and bilateral integration to learn high frequency words
- Transition Tune-ups for improving rapid naming and fine motor skills
- Word Ping-Pong activity for learning new words while improving tracking and other visual skills
- Power Up! Moves posters to integrate vestibular and developmental skills with academic standards
- Brain Spark Reading Flip Books for integrating S'cool Moves movement concepts with literacy stories using high frequency words.
The one day course is an overview of Minute Moves, Focus Moves, and Power Up! Moves.